State Testing to Take Place in April
When we return from our MT Break on March 30, we will be in our final week of preparing Grades 3-6 for our STATE Testing which will take place at Westwood School beginning April 7 and continue through April 30. We would appreciate your help in the following ways:
1. Please make sure your child gets to bed early every school night and gets plenty of rest.
2. Please make sure your child gets a nutritious breakfast (either at home or arrives early enough to have a school breakfast) including protein, especially during the testing cycle.
3. Please help you child to arrive on time to school as testing will begin immediately after school begins each day.
4. Please have a quiet discussion with your child about the importance of her/him doing his very best on all parts of the test.
Thank you for your support in making the testing process successful and as stress-free as possible for your child!
Jump Rope for Heart
Our recent Jump Rope for Heart activity not only exceeded our goal for the American Heart Association, but also emphasized the importance of staying active and keeping your heart healthy for a long, productive life. We are very proud of the Westwood students for raising so much money for an important cause! Way to go, Westwood Dolphins!
Quarter 3 Awards Assembly
Quarter 3 Awards Assembly will be held on Friday, March 13 in the cafeteria. Grades 1&2: 8:40 a.m. Grades 3&4: 9:15 a.m. Grades 5&6: 9:50 a.m. Notes will be going home informing you if your child is receiving an award.
Kindergarten round up
Register NOW to ensure your child will be able to attend your home school. Read below to see if you have a child that is ready to enroll.
1. Child must be FIVE (5) YEARS OF AGE BY SEPTEMBER 1, 2015.
2. You will need to bring these three (3) papers with you, so start gathering them now to be ready:
*Proof of Residency
Westwood Students Dress for Success
How does a successful student dress? Clothes that fit appropriately and give a positive message. Your job is as a student, so dress like you are on the job. Tennis shoes and socks are the preferred footwear at all Lodi Unified Schools. Please do not wear lycra or mesh shorts. Students may wear hats for sun protection, but they should be plain, without writing or logo, and must be worn appropriately.
Start time: 8:30 A.M.
1,2,3- 9:45-10:00 A.M.
4,5,6- 10:15-10:30 A.M.
1st Lunch: 11:15-11:55 A.M.
2nd Lunch: 11:50-12:30
3rd Lunch: 12:30-1:10 P.M.
1,2,3- 1:30-1:47 P.M.
Primary Dismissal: 2:37 P.M.
Intermediate Dismissal: 2:41 P.M.
The 2013-2014 School Accountability Report Cards have been posted online both in English and Spanish for our school. The School Accountability Report Card (SARC) provides parents and the community with important information about each public school. Go to: http://www.lodiusd.net/sarcs. If you have any questions or would like to receive a printed copy, please call (209)331-7141. You can also visit the California Department of Ed's website at: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/ac/sa.